Foundation Barossa’s scholarships support students that might not otherwise go on to TAFE and university.
The three-year scholarships can pay for tuition, accommodation or equipment.
Through these scholarships, Foundation Barossa is helping young people to contribute to the future of the community.
Foundation Barossa Thomas Scholarship
David and Barbara Thomas established the Thomas Scholarship in 1998.
The scholarship aims to ensure that students’ aspirations are not hampered by their family circumstances.
Who benefits from the scholarship?
The Thomas Scholarship is available to undergraduate university and TAFE students.
Each scholarship provides up to $18,000 over three years, which can be shared between a number of students.
The scholarship offers work experience and mentoring with Barossa businesses.
Who can apply?
To be considered students should be:
- currently studying Year 12 or have completed Year 12 and are either studying or working (full or part-time)
- the child of a family working in the Barossa wine industry
- studying a course relevant to the needs of the Barossa wine industry, although other studies will be considered.
Applicants need to demonstrate:
- academic capacity
- financial need
- personal commitment to bring skills back to the Barossa
- motivation to succeed.
Students studying courses relevant to the needs of the Barossa wine industry will be given preference.
Applications are currently closed.
For further information, contact Annabelle Elton-Martin, Executive Officer on 0455 774 333.
You can support your community and Foundation Barossa by donating directly to the Thomas Scholarship.
Thomas Scholarship recipients
- 2010 Chloe Roesler
- 2011 Tirryn Nankivell
- 2012 Lisa Rohrlach
- 2013 Morgan Rigby-Meth
- 2014 James Fox
- 2014 Jessica Leirsch (1 year)
- 2015 Ashby Schilling
- 2016 Deanna Kerr
- 2016 Morgan Leske (1 year)
- 2018 Dylan Kalleske – Bachelor Oenology & Viticulture, University of Adelaide
- 2019 Lane Blieschke – Bachelor of Physiotherapy, University of South Australia
- 2020 Hannah Broadbent – Bachelor of Nursing, University of Adelaide