It has been another big year for Foundation Barossa, with the consolidation of the Peter Lehmann Arts and Education Trust and several changes to the Board.
The original vision behind the Foundation was to encourage philanthropy and provide a vehicle for Barossans to build a sustainable financial asset. Invested funds would be used to nurture our community, providing opportunities for community groups; for those less advantaged; for young people starting out; and to contribute to the health and preservation of our heritage and environment.
This past year has seen a number of projects and activities deliver on the promise. These include:
- The completion of the Pinery Bushfire Appeal grants process, with just over $47,000 distributed to communities affected by the fires.
- $5,000 delivered to programs through Community Grants bringing the total distribution of our grants to the community to over $35,000.
- Awarding of the first Barossa Bands scholarship funded by the Nuriootpa Brass Band and the Marananga Brass Band.
- Allocation of funds through the scholarships program reaching over $350,000.
- Establishment of the Peter Lehmann Arts and Education Trust.
To learn more about the Foundation’s programs, outcomes and how you can help support your community, please download your copy of the 2018 Annual Report below, or contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org