Foundation Barossa is currently seeking nominations for membership to the Board of Trustees.
Successful applicants will demonstrate strong connections within the community or businesses of the Barossa Valley. Directors are appointed for a period of up to three years with the opportunity for reappointment to a maximum of three consecutive terms.
Foundation Barossa is committed to equal opportunity, and to engaging people of all ages and cultural backgrounds. To ensure that the Board is broadly representative of the community the Board is keen to attract applications from women, people under 40 years of age and people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Directorship is on an honorary basis.
Board Duties and Responsibilities
- Governance including legal and financial accountability and compliance
- Overseeing the organisation’s achievement of its objectives
- Definition and achievement of financial targets
- Overseeing strategic planning, risk management and annual auditing
- Vigilance around potential conflicts of interest
- Overseeing development of operating systems, contractor appointments and performance measurement
- Overseeing and contribution to subcommittees as required in the areas of grant making, fund development, finance and governance
- Active contribution to developing a strong profile and broad support base in the community
- Commitment to fundraising for the organisation
- Willingness and ability to expand the networks of the Foundation Barossa with a view to increasing our supporter base
Directors are required to act in a manner compliant with the Corporations Act and are required to develop a good understanding of the legal environment within which the Community Foundation operates.
A key imperative for Foundation Barossa is the continuing development of the corpus that provides for the investment source for the annual grants program and scholarship program. To this end, Directors have an important role in growing the corpus through their networks, influence, making personal financial contributions or bringing complementary skills to promote community giving.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong connection to the Barossa community and a proven interest in building the capacity of the local communities there to respond to current challenges
- Ability to contribute to the legal, financial and media interests of the Foundation
- Demonstrated commitment to addressing social disadvantage, an understanding of corporate-social responsibility and a commitment to the principle of social equity
- Capacity and/or willingness to facilitate support from business and the community
- Willingness to be involved in Foundation Barossa activities, and in particular areas such as grant assessment, investments, marketing, communications or funds development.
- Passion for local philanthropy
- Capacity to commit up to ten hours per month
Applications – Closing date for applications is 31st August 2017.
Please direct queries to Foundation Barossa 0400 121 656 or our Chair, Anita Bowen 0417 800 731
Written applications are required to include:
- A current resume
- Complete Board Members Nomination Form
- Contact details for at least two referees
Applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com